Girls Compiled

chronicling the lives of a group of girlfriends

Monday, March 06, 2006

HI CHICAS!


Hello everyone! This does seem like a good way for us to keep in touch especially with our busy lives. That is if we actually take some time to post. Hope you like the picture. Remember Ayleen's last birthday when we got together and read old notes, played clue, and ate a delicious Cold Stone Creamery cake? Man Im getting the late night munchies! This photo seems like it was just the other day. I can't believe your birthday is just around the corner again, Ayleen. Time does fly. I've been so busy lately. We just moved recently we finally bought our own place . Yay! The curse HAS been broken. God willing we will not have to be moving around for a long time to come. I'll post pictures sooon, but I havent really taken any yet since I have boxes and messiness everywhere (Claudia can attest to that). The place is perfect for us right now. It's a 2 bedrm 2 bath with a nice little patio and I finally can do laundry at home in our own washer and dryer. Its a big step up from our cozy little shoebox cottage efficiency that we lived in.

Overall we've been doing pretty good, thank God. Things can seem overwhelming at times, but we get thru them. I started working again in January but I'm starting a new job in 2 wks plus I started working for Coral Gables Hospital thru a medical staffing agency. Its really different from the nursing home I'm used to, but Its the experience I really wanted to get and they pay me more. I definitely want to go back to school to get my RN (Registered Nurse) license though. Although Im getting paid pretty good, as an LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) I make considerably less for doing the same things than I would if I had my RN license. Once I get my RN I will also have a lot more options and the pay to match. I'm setting a goal of at least starting this year. Even if its just one class.

Sophia is growing more and more every day it seems. Shame on me I dont have any recent pictures. Ive hardly had time to do much of anything lately. Hopefully now things will start to settle and I can focus on my family and friends more than I have been. Ok chickies, I hope to continue posting and reading about all that is going on with all of you lovelies. God Bless you all and take care!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home