Girls Compiled

chronicling the lives of a group of girlfriends

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Overkill

I'm actually surprised that I even have time to write this. This is a big step for me you guys, as you all know how unreliable and unstable Cristy used to be. So I'm amazed at myself for everything I have been doing lately. Well, actually I DO have waaayyyy too much on my plate for now but I know its only temporary. Hey you gotta do what you gotta do to reach certain goals.

Right now I'm in the process of switching jobs. Some of you may know I've been working at a nursing and rehab center in Homestead. Now I started working at The Palace Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. Its much closer to my house (3 to 5 minutes door to door no exaggerration) and they give me better hours and benefits. (It takes me longer to look for parking than to drive to work.) I also have been working for Coral Gables Hospital through a staffing agency . They dont give me great benefits but the experience I'm getting from working at a hospital is priceless for me right now. There is a big difference between the hospitals and nursing facilities.

The problem for me at this moment, is that I haven't yet given my 2 week notice at my job in Homestead. You see already 3 nurses and 1 night supervisor quit within the past weeks. If I quit on them now they will really be in a bind. I feel so bad for them that I haven't worked up the courage to speak to the Director of Nursing yet.

So whats the result? I've ended up working 3 jobs. AAAAARRRRGHHHH! and double AAAAARRRRGH!. Its a bit stressfull right now because although bec although I do get days off at each job, between the 3 of them I haven't had an actual day off for a while now. But I know its only a temporary fix.

My short term goal careerwise is to work full time at the Palace (the one close to my house) and part time at hospitals through the staffing agency. Since both these places offer me 12 hour shifts, eventually I will only really have to work 3 days to get full time at my main job then I can work as I feel like it at the agency job. The agency doesnt really pressure me to work certain hours a week. I'm mostly pressuring myself because the experience is great. I really enjoy it and I'm learning little by little to put into practice all the skills I've learned in school. So I guess some weeks I can work 1, 2, or 3 extra days If I feel up to it or just none at all.

Whew! So thats the major thing on my mind lately. It's a lot for me just to think about it for now. Other changes in our lives? Hmm lets see.... We made a decision that Daniel is going to be the one caring for Sophia during the day until she is older and we feel more comfortable leaving her in a daycare. He was working for his uncle and unfortunately was not getting a competetive salary. It's not easy working for or with family sometimes. I was making part time, a little over what he makes full time. So its a no brainer for us. Its easier for me to work full time and Danny to take care of Sophia. We'll sure save $$$ on daycare costs. And thats extra money we can put away for our family's future.

Sophia is getting bigger and stronger each day. She still can't sit up by herself the way Christian does. She needs a little support from a pillow or something similar. She's started to eat some solids already. You know the basic baby stuff: rice cereal, single fruits and veggies, all that good stuff. She loves playing with her Daddy bec he acts all silly with her. Shame on me that I haven't taken many pictures lately. I just ordered some pictures from shutterfly last week. Someday I will make time to scrap them.

Well muchachitas, I guess I will be going now, this has been a long enough note (oops blog entry) and my mom is comming over with sushi for me before I head off to work. YUMMMM!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger AmandaDufau said…

    I've told you this before...if you need a hand with Sophie, or Danny just needs a little "guy time", just let me know and I'll be glad to watch that lovely little girl for a bit.

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Claudia said…

    Cristy's gonna have problems...

    damn, I can't remember the exact quote....lol.

    jk Crispy. You know I heart you.

    On the one hand, I hope you start getting stuff off your plate, but on the other hand, it's good to see that there's alot on it. It just means that everything is coming together for you now. You go girl.

    Hey, what days do you have off (if any) so Chris and I can pass by to see you guys.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home